John K. Weinstein - Treasurer, Allegheny County
436 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-2497
John Weinstein is a lifelong resident of Allegheny County. Although Mr. Weinstein started his career in the private sector, he followed his passion by committing to a career in public service and has served as the elected Allegheny County Treasurer since 1999; being re-elected countywide to four (4) consecutive terms. In addition to overseeing the collection, investment and disbursement of over one billion dollars of county funds on a daily basis, Mr. Weinstein is also serving in the capacity of the President of the Retirement Board of Allegheny County and oversees the pension investment portfolio of nearly $800 million.
Mr. Weinstein is currently the only Treasurer in Pennsylvania that has won, several years in a row, the coveted ‘Award of Excellence’ by an organization representing the United States and Canada, for the investment policy he has written and implemented in Allegheny County designed to protect the taxpayers’ money. In addition, the Treasurer has become a leader in green initiatives implementing e-taxbilling in Allegheny County whereby making our region the only county in PA to have this innovative technology available.
- Association of Public Treasurer’s of the USA & Canada
- PA County Treasurer’s Association
- PA State Tax Collectors Association
- Financial Executives International
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Northeastern Regional Tax Collectors & Treasurers Association
Memberships & Activities:
- UPCI – University of Pittsburgh Hillman Cancer Institute
- Animal Friends, Inc.
- Phipps Conservatory
- Roberto Clemente Foundation
- Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania